Friday, December 17, 2010

Doll-Face: The Journal of Claudia Reinhardt

Entry 1- November 13, 1932
Mommy and daddy said that moving here was going to be a good thing. Something to take my mind off of the crazy things that happened back in the city. Its almost like a fresh start they said. So far the only thing fresh I have seen is a dead pill bug underneath the vanity in the parlor! Its so different here and at night, the stars shine so brightly that its almost as if the sun never set. Its ok i suppose, but I am not too fond when "she" comes to visit. It is a little eerie and I think it is quite rude that she hasn't introduced herself yet! 

 
 Entry 2- November 17, 1932
So far I have been here for four days and have not made any new friends. All of the kids think I am strange and wont have anything to do with me. Mommy and daddy say that the kids are just shy because I am new and will come around. Personally, I don't care!!! I think these kids are stupid anyway! This house is stupid and this new town is stupid! I have not seen "her" since my first night here. I wonder why she only comes at night and leaves her dolls in my room?
Entry 3- November 21, 1932
Today I woke up with scratches on my back and my face. I told mommy and daddy but they said I was probably sleepwalking and bumped into some stuff. I don't think I was sleepwalking because last night I saw "her" in my room and she looked rather displaced. All I remember was her walking to the foot of my bed and sitting down. Everything after that is somewhat fuzzy. I don't think I want to find out who this girl is, but something tells me she is not happy that I am here. I wonder if she used to live here? I don't want to see her again!

Entry 4- December 3, 1932
I don't like it here anymore! I want to go back to the city, where all of my friends are and this creepy girl cant bother me anymore! And why does she leave behind her scary dolls? Everyday I take them deep into the woods and leave them there and by the time I get back home, they are sitting on my bed. I HATE IT HERE AND I DON'T LIKE THIS!!! I feel as though i am being suffocated every night and it is hard to sleep. I grow sad and depressed as these long days drag on. Sometimes I even think the worst and wonder if it is worth going through this madness and the unthinkable comes to mind! I don't want to think that way...but sometimes it seems to be the only way to put an end to these...nightmares...or whatever they are. God help me because mommy and daddy think I am insane! Perhaps I am going crazy. She has done this to me and it must end. I am NOT insane!!!
Entry 4: Final Entry- December 25, 1932
Its been so long since I have written and such a short journal that I hoped would be much longer. What a waste of paper....but I must do this so I can finally be left alone. I have spent so much time preparing for this and I have come to the conclusion that it is the only way. Mommy and Daddy love it here and would never dream of moving back to the city. I see "her" all of the time now, day or night! She doesn't leave me alone and sends such horrifying thoughts into my mind. I must be at peace and I need to be happy! Merry Christmas!

*The journal of Claudia Reinhardt was found lying open underneath her lifeless corpse as it swung from the rafters of her parents Victorian homestead. It is not clear why Claudia decided to take her life and leave behind two loving parents, a beautiful home and a promising life ahead of her. Further investigations through her personal belongings prove nothing more than what the facts are. Claudia Reinhardt was just a normal girl with normal clothes, a normal room and a rather intriguing collection of.....dolls..... that her parents don't recall ever getting her!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment